preview pane in outlook express

nickyjane 16:43 03 Mar 04

Hi Guys
Where can I find the preview pane setting in outlook express and how do I disable it. os is xp

hugh-265156 16:46 03 Mar 04

view/layout untick "show preview pane

then tools/options/read untick "automatically download when viewing in the preview pane"

roygbiv 16:46 03 Mar 04

OE - view- layout---ticks r us

Diodorus Siculus 16:48 03 Mar 04

click here for OE6

click here for older vesions.

Gemma 17:51 03 Mar 04

If you just want to avoid the "preview pane" virus exposure just upgrade to IE / OE V6. If you are already at V6 then do nothing.

From Microsoft: "You can eliminate the vulnerability by upgrading to IE 6. However, if you are running Windows 95, 98, 98SE or ME, you should be aware that you will need to install IE 6 in a certain way. Specifically, you will need to choose either the Full Install or Typical Install option. (The default installation type is Typical Install). If you choose Minimal Install or Custom Install, the files containing the vulnerability might not be upgraded, and your system could remain vulnerable. Customers running Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP do not need to concern themselves with this contingency, as IE 6 does not provide either a Minimal or Custom Install option when installing on these systems. Any upgrade to IE 6 on one of these systems would fully eliminate the vulnerability. More information on this is available in Knowledge Base article Q308411."

So it's least until the next time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…