Preventon Firewall problem

Meshuga 21:54 19 Jul 03

I am running Win ME and for many months have
been using Preventon Firewall without any trouble
but it has suddenly started to ask me to insert the disk for authentification. This only happens occasionally. All I have to do is make sure the disk is running and press the Finish button and it
OK`s it and away we go. Does anyone using this
firewall know what this is about please. This was
not a downloaded prog,but the disk was bought originally. Hope someone can help as it can be
a nuisance . I have emailed preventon but so far
no reply. Meshuga.

Qmar 22:43 19 Jul 03

..did you remove cdilla with spybot S&D ?..if so it needs the cd to reinstall it on booting your pc.
(.. I'm not clear as to whether you keep the prevenon cd in a drive?.)

Meshuga 07:50 20 Jul 03

Hi Qmar, thanks for your reply. Yes, I did remove
cdilla and I realise now that you have mentioned
it, that each time I have been asked to insert the disk previously, I have removed cdilla.
I have in the past asked on this forum about cdilla and have been told by various people to
remove it. Does this mean that if I want to run
Preventon that I have to put up with cdilla and
what is the connection with cdilla and preventon?.
Thanks again, Meshuga.

Qmar 21:14 20 Jul 03

-- spybot has info on it.. right click on it in spybot..(there are other threads on this ) my superficial knowledge of it is that its just for patent protection of games and music cd's,+ is increasing in popularity on cds, you could describe this as 'spying'.. & it is ironic that a firewall contains spyware (?!).. theoretically firewall should prevent outbound attempts.?

anyway-If your not doing anything illegal why loose sleep over it..read gandalph's recent thread on the value of firewalls.
[ps I keep my preventon-cd in one of my 2 drives always due to this imposition]

Meshuga 21:45 20 Jul 03

Many thanks Qmar for your last message.Will do as you suggest. Small price to pay I suppose to be able to use a good firewall. I`m gratefull for your help and advice. I`ll call it resolved.
Regards,Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…