preventon firewall

Daiol 12:02 19 Aug 06

Hi, has anybody got any thoughts regarding preventon firewall if so i would like to know good & bad points etc.thanks in advance.

Belatucadrus 13:53 19 Aug 06

Not a bad product, but why pay when Kerio and ZonAlarm are better and cost nothing ?

Daiol 14:04 19 Aug 06

Belatucadrus.thanks for your reply,what it is my son has bought it and he installed it without any probs,but when he went to turn off the windows firewall in the security centre the little red shield appeared saying that his pc was at risk any thoughts on that?.

ade.h 14:21 19 Aug 06

Preventon must be one of those products that the "Security Centre" doesn't recognise; just turn off the alerts or disable the SC altogether.

vinnyT 14:25 19 Aug 06

I don't know of this firewall.

If the windows security center dosn't recognise it, it will assume that the security of the pc is at risk. This dosn't mean that you have no operational firewall, just that windows does not recognise (not in the database of firewalls, etc) it.

Hope this helps.

Belatucadrus 14:57 19 Aug 06

I agree with the assessment that it's simply one of the many that Security centre doesn't recognise, to deactivate the warning, open Security Centre and click on Firewall Recommendations, then select the tick box next to
"I have a Firewall solution that I'll monitor myself"

Meshuga 18:01 19 Aug 06

I have used Preventon for years and never had any trouble with it.

acein1 18:06 19 Aug 06

according to amazon,this program has being discontinued

Meshuga 18:11 19 Aug 06

Re my post above, this program uses CDilla. Do not disable CDilla or preventon will not work until you reinstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5