Preventon Firewall

conrail 15:15 19 May 04

has anybody had problems with this program, recently had to format and reinstall my pc after it kept restarting until eventually I could not access windows at all, posted a cry for help with this but reason never found, until now, everytime I install this program within minutes my pc starts to reset, leave it off for a week, no problems, then reinstall and again it resets, have just emailed company for reply, still waiting on that but wondered if anybody else had similar problems and how they overcome them, I also run norton anti virus

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:02 19 May 04

Dump it and use the free firewall Outpost click here

GaT7 16:26 19 May 04

If you don't manage to solve your problem you could try one of these free firewalls - click here. Good luck, G

conrail 17:02 19 May 04

thanks bvoth of you, will try one of those, will post when reply comes from company although I doubt they will want to admit it is a problem with their system they should replay as a matterof courtesy

Gaz 25 17:04 19 May 04

Preventon isnt the best in my books, it installs CDILLA spyware too.

conrail 17:06 19 May 04

something I did not know Gaz 25, have you tried it and if so what happened?, saw it advertised on QVC and bought from there, next time it is on I will call in, had it just over the 30 days before realising it was causing the problem so cannot return

Gaz 25 17:17 19 May 04

Ive tried many firewalls, and preventon is only as good as the free alternatives. Ive never had a problem with it since I didnt use it for a very long time, and I couldnt remove the spyware or the program would stop working.

conrail 17:27 19 May 04

I will be keeping it in its box, would try to sell it but would worry if same thing happened to someone else, still waiting for replay from company

Gaz 25 17:36 19 May 04

In reality, QVC should replace it within 12 months period. This is in the fair trading policy.

conrail 17:42 19 May 04

you have a point, I will call them although I think the 30 day rule applies

Henmin 17:51 19 May 04

Hi conrail,

Gaz 25 is right. I have bought quite a few things from QVC. They are quite good in this respect. I have returned items after the 30 day period if it's faulty. I hope you have phoned them by now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…