Preventing CD Duplication

Rabi 23:51 08 Dec 04

My child needs to submit a CD-Rom of a project for review before submission to a final examining body. She is paranoid about a copy of her work being made before it is returned to her for various reasons.

I am looking for software that would prevent a duplicate copy of a CD, audio or data, from being made and played.

Sometime this year I know I saw a programme that does what I am asking about being given away free on a magazine CD, but I can't remember which nagazine it was!

Anyone know a web site where I can find this programme?

Much obliged for the assisitance.

LastChip 00:35 09 Dec 04

It can't be done!

There are programs that claim to be able to protect the contents, but I promise you, it's misleading. A classic example is Microsoft and they are suffering from piracy worldwide.

If someone is determined enough, it can be copied, but I would hardly think an examining body is likely to be the perpetrator.

Tell her to relax and concentrate on her studies;-)

Having said all that, see if this helps click here

Rabi 00:54 09 Dec 04

Thanks, I concur on the "determined person" bit; however we are not dealing with sophisticated hackers here, just unprincipled people. Long story, but there is a valid reason to prevent the CD from being copied and shown to others,

Thanks, will visit the site.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:12 09 Dec 04

A word of warning, many of these so-called security progs can make the CD unreadable in some players and personally, they are not worth it. Any CD can be copied easily, even DVDs with encryption. I assume that she is not working for the CIA, so she can submit her project quite happily. If it is so good that she is paranoid about it being 'lifted' then she will get an A* pass.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…