Prevent Win 7 from expanding window to full screen

kimtrnc 06:25 23 Jan 11

I am sure MS thought this was a very helpful function, but it drives me nuts! anyone tell this stupid peson how to disable this, pretty please?

howard64 06:39 23 Jan 11

after it opens in full screen click the middle box at the top right then using the bottom right hand corner adjust to the size you would like the screen to be. Then go to the top right and click on file then 'exit'. Next time you open that page it should open as the size you set to.

southhead 13:02 23 Jan 11

You might find ShellFolderFix useful. It’s a program which remembers the size and position of open folders in Windows 7, also the icon size of the items in the folders. PC Advisor has reviewed it. I’ve used it for a while with no problems. click here

kimtrnc 13:09 23 Jan 11

Thanks guys, but clearly I didn't explain properly. If I move an open window,for example to align two different open windows, even slightly, 7 often insists on docking the window to one or other edge.I think I should be the one to decide where I want the window, not 7!

kimtrnc 13:11 23 Jan 11

Should have said, it often snaps to full screen, also, whether I request it or not!

gengiscant 13:15 23 Jan 11

This any use? click here

kimtrnc 16:21 23 Jan 11

Gengiscant- fantastic, thankyou so much. I really should have looked through my control panel. You have saved me a lot of frustration. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…