Press the button ...

Graham* 11:47 AM 02 Mar 13

... on your smoke alarm reminder

Chronos the 2nd 12:08 PM 02 Mar 13

New program no security clearance.Anyone pressed the button yet.

What???????

Graham* 12:35 PM 02 Mar 13

I have had it for 3 months, it's quite safe.

Chronos the 2nd 12:42 PM 02 Mar 13

Its not a program,its a reminder to test your smoke detector.

lotvic 12:51 PM 02 Mar 13

Alternative: I just press this button to check everything is alright. Avast clearance is Safe site and WOT score is excellent.

BT 13:03 PM 02 Mar 13

Don't need to press the button on my smoke alarm as the slightest hint of burnt toast sets it off on a regularly.

However the Carbon Monoxide alarm is a different matter and needs checking on a regular basis. Don't forget if your CO alarm keeps beeping it has probably come to the end of its 5 year life and needs replacing. They are much cheaper now than they used to be and can be replaced for around £15-£20. A friend of mine was grateful for her's recently, when it alerted her to a fault with her boiler, and probably saved hers and her family's lives.

lotvic 14:35 PM 02 Mar 13

I have a helpful man from the Fire Station that comes and checks mine every so often, he came when we moved and transferred one that also has wifi to a flashing light and a gizmo that goes under pillow and shakes you awake.

The one in the lounge talks as well, it does both carbon monoxide and fire alarms. It flashes light, sounds the alarm then shouts at you, keeps on doing each in turn until you switch it off. Rather fun when test button is pressed :)

Chronos the 2nd 15:52 PM 02 Mar 13

Even more fun when you have no one to talk to, I will need to get one of those. Also need to have one of those gizmos that vibrates your pillow or vibrates something as that sound fun. time for one of my pills methinks.

lotvic 21:06 PM 02 Mar 13

Chronos, The wifi with vibrating gizmo was provided free of charge by Fire Station. The talking one was inherited from previous owner, I'll have a look in morning and see if manufacturers name is on it. Now it's time for one my pills, expect yours has worn off by now :D

audeal 11:25 AM 03 Mar 13

I have a pillow vibrator for my Alarm Clock as I am going deaf. It is the only thing that will wake me up as no other thing will wake me. The vibration wakes me ok but the only problem is that I keep waking up in the night thinking it has gone off and feels like the pillow is shaking. God, it realy gets at me.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…