Presentation software advice

puddin 13:32 21 Jul 04

I use M/S Powerpoint 2000 to generate presentations for use in teaching. I tend to create gradually built up diagrams with labels appearing on mouse click etc.
Try as I might, I cannot find an option to move an element around the screen once it has appeared. Is there any software which can perform this (without going to the lengths of the likes of Flash animation)?

cga 15:10 21 Jul 04

Perhaps you can be a little clearer about what you are trying to do. I assume that you have no difficulty in moving the objects when you are editing the slide? What do you want to see happening when you give your slide presentation?

Belatucadrus 15:15 21 Jul 04

click here may be worth a look

puddin 16:34 21 Jul 04

say I have a picture of an animal cell. I also have a set of text boxes with labels down one side. As I describe the parts of the cell, I would like to move the appropriate text box label onto the relevant part of the diagram, rather than have it appear (I can do this).

puddin 16:57 21 Jul 04

downloaded and tried Powerbullet. Thanks - had heard of it, but tried again. While it appears to have some extra animation effects cf Powerpoint, it doesn't do the specific thing I'd like to do, namely move an existing and visible object (text box, image, etc) from one place on the screen to another.

Pesala 20:10 21 Jul 04

Perhaps this freeware click here will do what you want.

Chris the Ancient 20:26 21 Jul 04

A daft question...

Have you played with the custom animation effects in PP?

puddin 22:37 21 Jul 04

Yes.

puddin 23:15 21 Jul 04

Had a look at Wink. Interesting program, which will be useful in an entirely different project, but unfortunately not for current purpose. But thanks for the tip.

cga 08:20 22 Jul 04

There is always a simple solution to this. Rather than using animation you can copy the slide with the text moved. I know the transition is not so nice but it will get the result you want.

To make it more obvious you could transition in a graphic arrow on the first slide that you make appear befor progessing to the next slide with the text in place. Not ideal I know but maybe something you can work with.

I will try to play with transitions to see if I can do this in a less cludgy way but this will 'sort of' work.

puddin 09:35 22 Jul 04

I have considered this work-around.
It would work if I did a kind of "manual morphing": Create some intermediate slides with the moving object progressively moved between start and end points. I had hoped that there was a more elegant way to do it.
It might be possible to use Visual Basic to achieve the same thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…