Presentation CD with PowerPoint

Gary 18:03 26 Sep 04

I am trying to create a CD based brochure with PowerPoint. I have designed the slides and linked correctly from one to the next. However, I want to have some objects on each page fade in as the screen loads. I've done this by adding custom animations to the objects. This works fine the first time each screen is opened. However, if you are on, say, slide 26 and click a link which takes you to a different slide and then return to slide 26 by following a link to it, then the fade doesn't work and the slide just changes.

I've made a quick example with 2 slides to show what I mean. If anyone can have a look at this and let me know what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate your advice. It's in my webspace: click here

Thanks in advance,

Gary

bamfiesler 19:47 26 Sep 04

Leeme look at your site and I'll get back to you...........

Gary 20:03 26 Sep 04

The powerpoint on the website is just a simple two page show to demonstrate the problem, so let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Gary

bamfiesler 20:20 26 Sep 04

Odd. I've just done a three-slider myself, with the Hyperlink in text on last slide. and sometimes my first slide has the fades, but more often than not it doesn't. Maybe need to narrow down what the hyperlink is jumping to.

I'll carry on with this and let you know if I have any result.

Gary 20:27 26 Sep 04

Many thanks. I wonder if it's a bug?

bamfiesler 21:01 26 Sep 04

Certainly worth contacting MS about.

I have tried everything I can in timings/sequences in CustAm, and the only way I can get round it is if I put a fast 'Fade Smoothly' Slide Transition fade on any of the slide I want to hyperlink back to.

Best I can come up with, but it does work, try it. I am running MS Office 2003. I am sure it's the hyperlink that's casuing it, but goodness knows how!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…