Preparing for Dual-Boot W98SE/WXP

miner 11:41 14 Dec 05

Just looking for tips before attempting to set up a dual boot with W98SE and WXP.

I have two 80Gb HDDs, both partioned into two 40Gb partitions. One drive has my current WE98SE OS (C) on one partition with my data on the other (D).

The second HDD has data on both equal sized partitions (E,F).

I plan to install WXP on Drive F, with my data on Drive E.

In time when everything has settled down safely I would expect to remove the W98OS.

Having already partitioned do I need to use Partition Magic or can I just use BootMagic to oversee the dual-booting?

Do I need to create extra partitions (using Partition Magic) for any reason?

stlucia 13:35 14 Dec 05

The only preparation you need to do is to make sure that the drive you want to put Win XP onto has enough space. I don't know how many Gig it needs, but the box or MS website should tell you.

Then you simply start the install process using the XP CD. Be sure you opt for new install, not update (or upgrade, or whatever the option is). It will then note that you've got another version installed, will ask you which drive you want to put XP on, and create a boot-up file that gives you the option to select which OS to use every time you boot up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…