Preparing to download Pauses - WIndows Update

Gran_T_Boy 19:46 19 Jan 03
  Gran_T_Boy 19:46 19 Jan 03

When i try to update my o/s (winxp Pro) it freezes on the bit where iv chosen all my updates and its getting ready to download. All it does is pause on the "preparing to download" bit!

I've left it for hours on end but still nothing. I had a look on the windows update help site and it reccomended that i disable any anti-virus software or firewall. Fallowing that advise, i did that, but stll nothin!

This has been like this for a few weeks, but iv not been too worried about it because i updated it the day before the problem started, but now im a bit concerned that i cannot recieve some security updates, fixes etc.

Any help mych appreciated,

Gran_T_Boy

Gran_T_Boy 20:09 19 Jan 03

i onlt just noticed the other thread on windows update, i'll just use the program reccomeded there and hope windows update sorts its self out!

Gran_T_Boy 21:02 17 Feb 03

hi, back again, thought id bump the thread up to see if anyone else has any info on a cause or fix for this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…