Preparing for Broadband

ChrisAnnSen 14:56 10 Oct 04

I was on BT Surftime and have just ordered BT Broadband. I think I'm right in thinking that I will not be able to use my old email address once on BB. I would like to continue to receive emails into OE Express - how do I go about finding a new email ISP? I assume I will have to pay for it but having increased my outgoings by purchasing BB I want to keep any extra charges to a minimum. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Dorsai 15:06 10 Oct 04

When i upgraded to BB my ISP let me keep my old address. So now i have two. Just takes a few moments to set up out look to retrieve e-mail from both accounts at the same time. And cost nothing extra.

ChrisAnnSen 15:17 10 Oct 04

Thanks Dorsai - I hope my ISP will do that too - I'll go and ask them.

Graham ® 16:34 10 Oct 04

If you're staying with the same ISP, you can keep your existing email address. You will be connecting to the same server, albeit on a faster connection. So you should not even need to reconfigure Outlook Express.

spuds 20:43 10 Oct 04

Be a little wary when you consult your ISP about retaining your present email address. They may try to sell you a payg package, you do not need it, as you can access your present email address via your new connection.I was on BT/Tiscali Surftime and Tiscali 'help' insisted that I would need another connection via payg, You Don't.

ChrisAnnSen 20:55 10 Oct 04

Thanks Graham, and I'll be very aware Spuds, I appreciate the warning. This isp/BB lark is very confusing for us non-IT literate people and I do so appreciate help from 'them that know.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…