Premiere Elements 'Serious Error'

Genius1 20:46 20 Aug 07

I'm using Premiere Elements 3.0 on Vista Home Premium. After successfully editing my movie (around 1.5 hours long, fairly complex with transitions, titles and soundtracks), I now wish to burn it to DVD.

When I click 'Export to DVD' and choose all the correct settings I need, the burn process starts successfully. However, when the project gets to 'Encoding 40.94%' the message 'A serious error has occured and Premiere Elements needs to shut down. We will attempt to save your project.' appears.

This also happens when trying to export to the hard drive or when exporting as a DVD file to the hard drive.

Please can anyone help?

I have a high end system with 2GB RAM, dual core processor (each 2.4GHz) and at least 100GB free on the first hard drive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SANTOS7 20:49 20 Aug 07

click here

this may help,good luck..

Genius1 22:56 20 Aug 07

I have just deleted the two clips around the 40.94% mark of my project and tried again to burn as DVD to folder, but the error occured this time around 40.7%.

Will try defragging the hard drive tomorrow. Have already tried deleting preferences, opening in a new project, burning without soundtracks or transitions, loading in another user account - all without success.

Any more suggestions greatly appreciated as I need to get this movie onto DVD by Friday!

Genius1 08:20 23 Aug 07

Bump.

brundle 08:49 23 Aug 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac