Preinstalled software in Windows ME

futurekid 23:01 17 Jun 06

Hi,
I have recently Restored My packard Bell from Xp Pro To Windows ME using the recovery diskette. However after the install I have loads of preinstalled software( norton antivirus 200 ect). However 90% of the software requires the cds and because the pc has not been used for years all of the software cds have been thrown away. Now when i go to the programmes and add and remove programmes. all of that preinstalled software can not be removed. Could anybody please tell me how to get rid of all the preinsalled junk.

Thanks

Ben Greenslade.

alan227 23:04 17 Jun 06

Try Crap Cleaner.

click here

woodchip 23:08 17 Jun 06

Write down the Items as they appear in Add Remove then follow this for each item one at a time.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box (File Name) click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with (File Name) in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type (File Name) and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than (File Name) then reboot your computer

Where you see (File Name) put the file in that you are looking for or Program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…