Predictive page suggestions. FF8 and Google

muddypaws 11:20 AM 03 Dec 11
Answered

Since upgrading to FF8 I am unable to stop Google predicting sites when searching. There used to be a simple way in which to do it: now FF help mentions going to safe mode etc. I have gone to Tools/Options/Privacy and have 'Location bar' showing 'Nothing' but that doesn't stop it. Advice please? Thanks.

northumbria61 11:32 AM 03 Dec 11

If you don't want Firefox to remember what you've entered into form fields, you can turn off the auto form fill feature:

At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options.
Select the Privacy panel.
**Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
Remove the check mark from the box that says Remember search and form history.**
Click OK to close the Options window. .

Disabling form history also prevents Firefox from storing search history for the Search bar in the Navigation Toolbar.

muddypaws 11:41 AM 03 Dec 11

northumbria61 Thanks, but I had already done that as I had in the past and no change. I will look in Google options.

northumbria61 11:44 AM 03 Dec 11

Don't know if you can read that properly but should read -

1. At the top of the Firefox Window click on Tools - Options
  2. Select the Privacy Tab
  3. Set Firefox will to: Use custom settings for history
  4. Remove the check marks from the box that says Remember search and form history
  5. Click OK to close the Options window.
  northumbria61 11:49 AM 03 Dec 11

For Google - from Home Page -

To get rid of predictive search click the cog at the top right of the page**, click “search settings” and go “turn off google instant”. that should do it.

northumbria61 11:53 AM 03 Dec 11

http://www.google.co.uk/preferences?hl=en - there is a SAVE button at the bottom of screen

northumbria61 11:59 AM 03 Dec 11
Answer
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Microsoft's Gamescom 2015 Xbox conference: Watch Microsoft reveal new Xbox One games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…