Precautions when flashing BIOS

Taylor44 15:55 04 Jun 03

Having downloaded new bios update and all related details from M/Board site.I find that there are 3-4 versions for my particular board.Having clarified bios identity via.SiSOFT Sandra and I have what should be the exact flashing system,I would still like to back up my current bios in case of problems.The boot block BIOS supports a floppy drive so how do I create a back-up floppy to reinstate my old Ami Bios in case of probs.Any advice most welcome!!

Diemmess 17:54 04 Jun 03

I think this is a one-way trip.........You can store the SETTINGS by several means, but the actual "burned in" BIOS would require a copy of the old one, set out like your downloaded program.

Have faith! if you have selected the correct file. follow thwe instructions and cross every finger. It is such an anti-climax when it is done.

(You do need to do it don't you?)

Rayuk 18:26 04 Jun 03

You can
1/Download the bios you have from the mobo site unzip it and put it on a floppy.
2/When you are flahing it should ask if you want to save a copy of old bios.

Put in No 1 just in case your bios doesnt ask you to save old bios

Taylor44 22:26 04 Jun 03

Thanks fellas'Crossed fingers and plunged in at deep end"ALL WENT WELL"
Ed (Taylor44)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…