Pre-loaded ISP

the golfer 11:58 15 Oct 04

My son recently bought a Tiny PC for his son which has the ISP "Supanet" pre-loaded. How can he change this to an ISP which he prefers. Many thanks in advance.

wobblymike 12:04 15 Oct 04

He can simply ignore it and load up his own in the conventional way. I did this for quite a long time until I eventually got round to reformatting my HDD and reinstalling my own version of windows which of course got rid of it. The only irritation you will have is that it will pop up on every boot up - just cancel it. I assume your PC is one with preloaded OS and you don't have a OS disc.

Graham ® 12:11 15 Oct 04

It should be in Add/Remove programs. Or look in Programs to see if an uninstal option is provided.

Also, remove it from the Start menu.

Diodorus Siculus 12:43 15 Oct 04

Do you mean that the modem is locked to supanet? This was the practice of Time not so long ago and may well be the same with tiny.com.

the golfer 13:07 15 Oct 04

It is supposedly pre-loaded and to remove it you have to go on line with Supanet to the Tiny web site to "maybe" get a cure. I thought some of you guys would know an easier way.

Rand Al Thor 14:11 15 Oct 04

This solution has been applied on a system with XP.
To uninstall supanet net from your time systems on startup.

1. run regedit
2. search for supanet and delete all strings
3. next search for status.exe (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\Status.exe) delete this file
4. exit.

the golfer 08:47 16 Oct 04

Many thanks guys

JoeC 09:37 16 Oct 04

about same

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…