pre-installed xp do i need spend £60?

kakellie 20:00 15 Jan 04

When i switch on my pc i get a error message which says \windows\system32\config\system.I've tried loading bios defaults and the last known good option i've phoned time computers and they say i need to purchase there reload cd to reinstall xp is there anything else i can do without having to fork out £60 for the reload cd ?
i have another pc a hp pavilion with xp is there any way to sort the problem out using files from this pc ?
I have serial numbers for both preinstalled windows xp

DieSse 20:06 15 Jan 04

How old is your system please?

kakellie 20:09 15 Jan 04

time pc 4 months. hp pavillion 2 yrs

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:09 15 Jan 04

Have you gat a RESTORE CD?

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:14 15 Jan 04

click here may be of help. Time do not supply a restore CD or have a restore partition?????????????? If not it is a trifle abysmal. Apart from that, the computer is still under guarantee, take it back to teh shop. ;-))))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:16 15 Jan 04
  kakellie 20:38 15 Jan 04

no recovery cd.

kakellie 20:47 15 Jan 04

stootze's sounds good but no one i know has there original discs.

DieSse 22:09 15 Jan 04

If it was supplied with no recovery facility, then you can take it back under warranty and simply say it no longer works - then it's down to them to fix.

Sheila-214876 22:32 15 Jan 04

Read this previous thread then send an email to Ian Shaw explaining the problem. click here

kakellie 22:43 15 Jan 04

:\I can't take it back teh shop it is a rtb guarantee.i tried returning it to the shop when the motherboard packed in in october.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…