pre installed program removal

dippydon 19:53 19 Nov 06

i,v the following 4 programs that i know i will never use or need.remote assistance:outlook express:microsoft works:microsoft money:,listed in start/all programs.how do i remove to free up resources?.

mammak 20:03 19 Nov 06

Are you not able to remove them via Add remove ?

VoG II 20:05 19 Nov 06

Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs for Works and Money. You will need to click on Add/Remove Windows components for Outlook Express and Remote Assistance.

These programs are not using any resources, only space on your hard drive.

dippydon 20:42 19 Nov 06

did,nt know about the windows components.ta.got it now.add/remove has microsoft money system pack:microsoft.netframework2.0:microsoft user mode driver featurepack.....are they needed.?.can i remove safely ?.i don,t want un needed stuff on the hard drive,just loads of music and photos.thanks.

VoG II 20:46 19 Nov 06

You should keep .netframework 2.0 as some other programs may need it. You don't need the others.

Perhaps you should consider getting a second hard drive (internal or external) if you are this desperate for disk space.

dippydon 21:09 19 Nov 06

did,nt know about the windows components.ta.got it now.add/remove has microsoft money system pack:microsoft.netframework2.0:microsoft user mode driver featurepack.....are they needed.?.can i remove safely ?.i don,t want un needed stuff on the hard drive,just loads of music and photos.thanks.

dippydon 21:10 19 Nov 06

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced