pre-installed pc recovery partition locked

seasonboy 13:32 23 May 07

When I bought my HP Pavilon pc 1 year and a half ago, it came pre-installed with XP Home and a drive 'D' which when I tried to open it, I'm denied access. Over the perion of time the PC had gone through heavy usage by my entire family and had to upgrade to XP professional and also installed a number of needed softwares. I have just recently intstalled a paid version of XP professional and everything went well but the apllication that originally came with the Pc are no more there and in the Device manager's section, about 3 components are not installed like the multimedia controller. I tred to run the recovery on 'D-drive' which is the partition locked. Can somebody help?

Quiet Life 17:01 23 May 07

If you made a recovery disc as advised by HP the various applications and drivers are in the folder 1386. Open APPS and they are located in the APP folders and can be run from there.

Presumably the PC Help and Tools Program has now been overwritten . I think that would have accessed the hiden partition.

If you made a Recovery Tools CD that would also let you access the hidden partition.

Quiet Life 17:23 23 May 07

This click here may be of some help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…