prboblem with my firewall router

Jaro 23:23 28 Jan 07

Hi, let me explain: i am using netgear ADSL firewall router DG834 v2. I have one desktop PC connected to it and that's ok if only this PC is connected. Every time i connect my laptop IBM thinkpad T22 to it as well to share internet connection the internet speed go rapidly down and sometime i am experiencing connection cat.the laptop does not have to be turn on and the problem is still the same. in the moment i unplug one cable from the router all is fine again. Just to give an example if i have connection speed 1000 kbps, plugging other pc to it brings the speed down to about 30kbps. So its not even half of the speed. Does anyone know what would be the problem and how to resolve it so i can use at least two pc's and i dont want to even imagine what would happened if i connected 4pc to it as the router has 4 ports.

fitshase 07:48 29 Jan 07

You could contact Netgear as the DG834 v2 comes with a 2 year warranty. Their customer service is excellent and they will be able to tell you if it is a faulty router (could be a fault in the switch).

I had a problem with my old Netgear router so I phoned them. They sent me a new one by courier so I had it next day. I tried the new one and it worked so I sent the old one back to them.

Before you try, however, have you updated the firmware on it? There is a new version of the firmware available:-

click here

Make sure you backup your settings (ADSL login, WEP/WPA, etc) before updating the firmware.

Jaro 13:58 29 Jan 07

thank you for the advise will try it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac