Praise where it's due for BT

birkdalite 19:12 26 Jan 03

In a recent posting I complained about bad connections on openworld, almost always it took multi attempts before getting through.It was obvious from the replies that there were a fair few in the same boat. Anyway, I rang BT to cancel my subscription and after negotiating the numbers and piped music game,was addressed by my christian name by a very helpful gentleman who told he was Joe Sweeney (no relation).He listened to my complaints and assured me that far from trying to push everyone to broadband as had been suggested his aim was to try to people leaving openworld and would do all he could to rectify the problems I was having.But firstly he reduced my subscription for 6 months very reasonably, to allow for all the trouble caused, he then directed me to an engineer to test and adjust the line gain,who then passed me on to someone who had me do various checks and alterations.
The sum total of this is that since then I have had excellent line speed, and on only two occasins had to dial twice, a huge improvement.
We are all sometimes a little guilty of using the brickbats and forgetting the praise when it is due so I say, " thanks BT "

Brad33 20:09 26 Jan 03

I've had good experiences with BT. I think their anytime service is very good, especially very fast and reliable, even though it is on the pricey side.

Brad

deepblueuk 20:19 26 Jan 03

BT will tell you what you want to hear to keep you because so many of there customers are leaving them,internet side i'm talking about here, they do want every one on broadband and thats so they can make a bigger hash of that, go else where and you'll soon discover what you have been missing no threatening emails about using the net to much and lower bills, BT think of no one but themselves don't let them kid you,as you may have guessed i was with them once NEVER again worst service i've ever encountered.

ex bt now happy Deep

BigMoFoT 20:49 26 Jan 03

Is this posting in right forum?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…