Praise for Microsoft Support

Steve- 09:36 31 May 04

I recently had a problem with my installation of Office 2003 where when trying to Update via the MS site the progress bar would reach 40% and then drop out with an unable to continue message.

I tried various fixes for this from search results with no success, then emailed Microsoft support, they responded within two days with one suggestion for a reinstall using a clean up utility - this failed to clear the problem. They then responded again in a day and a half with a new procedure involving removing all traces of office from the registry and a re-install, this fixed the fault. I consider this to be an impressive time scale considering the size of MS and the amount of software out there.

If anyone has this problem I can post the fix or email it to them, although it does involve searching and deleting from the registry.

Steve- 16:56 19 Dec 04

Test, to enable me to tick reolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…