Praise for BT Broadband Support

hoverman 07:13 03 Apr 03

Yesterday evening I had occasion to run the Windows XP Repair facility after my PC consistently failed to boot past the welcome screen. Afterwards I had to reinstall several drivers including that for my Alcatel modem, and then found that I could not connect at all to the internet. On trying to use the New Connection Wizard I discovered that one of the options I needed to select was greyed out. BT's Support said this was almost certainly due to a corrupted registry entry and that I really should consult my PC manufacturer to sort it out since it was a system fault. It might mean having to do a reformat of my HD. When I asked if he knew which registry entries were involved he said he had a good idea and agreed to talk me through deleting them - at my risk. To cut a long story short, we located 2 offending entries, deleted them, and got the New Connection Wizard working as it should.

This is what I call great service. The problem was not a BT one and their Support staff would have been quite in their rights not to find the solution for me. Thanks BT Support - very much appreciated.

Tog 07:25 03 Apr 03

Nice to hear a company get bit of praise for a change.

CPU Temperature Too High 11:26 03 Apr 03

BT is the best for technical support.I got my Broadband connection on the 21st March, had a minor problem, sorted out by the helpline. FANTASTICE service.

Bagsey 14:32 03 Apr 03

They are good. But do you know why? Theyve nowt to do most of the time as less than half the country can get broadband. We rural dwellers are starting to feel left out and deprived.?:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…