Praise for 1and1

megat193 21:41 29 Dec 04

I had difficulty in setting up a sub-domain with my 1and1 account. However, one of their technical guys worked away at it until the wee small hours until he had worked out what I had done wrong and how to fix it, put the fix in place and then emailed me with the results. All is now working fine. Customer Support at 1and1 don't often come in for praise, so I think I should mention it when they do more than expected.

Taran 22:27 29 Dec 04

We tend only to hear about the bad experiences people have - it's human nature to tell the world when things go wrong, but when they go right we rarely say a thing. Go figure...

It's nice to hear that 1&1 sorted your issue out. They seem to be getting a firmer grip on support issues, which can only be a good thing.

Forum Editor 23:34 29 Dec 04

I have also been having a problem with one of my 1&1 accounts. A client's web site has been playing up, and I tracked the problem down to a major glitch with the FrontPage extensions. I'm fairly experienced with FP extensions but this one had me beat. The 1&1 support staff have worked with me for several days now, also without success I have to say, and have finally decided to escalate the problem to a Microsoft support team.

Throughout the whole process the 1&1 staff have been unfailingly helpful, polite and friendly, and have emailed or phoned me at every step along the way.

spuds 11:43 30 Dec 04

Yes it would appear as though 1&1 are trying to regain lost ground. I have a number of domain accounts registered with them, for quite a number of years now.But over the past two or three months I have been receiving bills for £00 [nil] amounts. Taking this up with them have produced appologies and customer satisfaction responses.Yes praise indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…