PQDI Error 1805

Wuggy 23:36 30 Aug 03

I am trying to image the HDD on my daughter's Packard Bell iGo 2185 laptop using PQDI 2002.Laptop has QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-241 combi drive. I keep getting error 1805 when trying to image direct to CDR (apparently means insufficient space on target drive)Error message appears durin message stating"closing out media". I then tried imaging to another partition on HDD (4.2 GB to receive 12.5 GB partition with 7.4 GB of data)but again error message 1805. Increased partition size to 5.2 GB but again error message 1805. Checke PowerQuest website and learned that DVD/CDRW drives do not appear to be supported. This may explain the problem burning to CDR but not to another partition. Could there be some write protction software installed By Packard Bell or is there some other problem with her computer running Windows XP or with my copy of PQDI. Any help would be gratefully received as my daughter will be 200 miles away and far from help. Thanks

hugh-265156 01:34 31 Aug 03

are you using compression?powerquest say if you select high compression,there is approximately a 2:1 compression ratio. This means that on a 500 MB partition with 400 MB of data, the image file on the cdr will be about 200 MB.

click here and click here

as far as i know most dvd/cdrw combos are supported by drive image.

Wuggy 20:37 02 Sep 03

I was using full compression and PQDI estimated file size of image to be 3.9GB. Check on Powerquest website under PQDI Error 1805 give, among other things, the fact that DVD/CDRW are not currently supported.
Think I might try Ghost and see if I can get any better response. Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos