PPSDKRedistributables

Bingalau 19:43 14 Jul 09

When there was an electrical storm in my area tonight I unplugged my computer from the wall socket, Unfortunately I neglected to switch it off first. When I plugged it back in again and switched it on I kept getting a small window with a message as follows "The cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_family1' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package." Then there are three choices of buttons "Cancel" "Re-try" "Ignore" I've tried all three of them to see what happens and the result was nil in either case... Nothing happened. But the little window will not go away...there does not seem to be anything amiss with things so far as getting on line or receiving e-mails is concerned. Can anybody enlighten me as to what it is indicating and/or what I should do about it. Thanks in advance as usual...

Technotiger 19:53 14 Jul 09

Try Ctrl/Alt/Del and see if it is shown in Applications - if it is, you should be able to get rid of it by clicking End Task.

Technotiger 19:54 14 Jul 09

Or - you could try a System Restore back to before you the storm.

Bingalau 20:03 14 Jul 09

Good thinking Technotiger, I will try both and let you know what happens..

Bingalau 20:08 14 Jul 09

Control/Alt and Delete seems to have done the trick. I now have a funny feeling it was something to do with my Broadband PCguard system loading after I re-started. Because the window for that has just come back on. (Virgin Cable Broadband). Once more thanks for your help...

Technotiger 21:28 14 Jul 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…