.PPS And e mails

the pie eater 16:14 10 Apr 04

a mate of mine sends me e mails with the letters .PPS at the end of them when i try to open them my computer opens corel photo paint then states it is a invalid format, any wiz kids out there tell me how i can open them?

Diodorus Siculus 16:15 10 Apr 04

It is a powerpoint slide show - you can get a free viewer from MS.

Diodorus Siculus 16:16 10 Apr 04

click here

the pie eater 16:20 10 Apr 04

but i have power point on my system how can i stop corel from trying to open the e mails ?

Clint2 16:38 10 Apr 04

Right click on the file, click on open with, scroll down an click on power point.

the pie eater 16:45 10 Apr 04

Had a go at that one but after the right click on the file open with is not there only open and if i click on that it opens corel photo paint ?

Clint2 17:07 10 Apr 04

Try right click on file, click on properties. It should tell you what the file opens with. There is a box marked Change. Try altering the file with that.

Clint2 17:09 10 Apr 04

ps. Click on Apply at the bottom of the properies window.

beeuuem 17:28 10 Apr 04

To show 'Open with' use 'Shift' then right click.

the pie eater 18:56 12 Apr 04

Sorry but i am at a loss here i have done as asked it still will not open i have left clicked right clicked midle clicked and danced all around the living room floor but i still cant get it to open ..

VoG II 19:00 12 Apr 04

Save the attachment to your hard drive (i.e. detach it from the e-mail).

Locate the file in Windows Explorer, Shift+Right click and select Open With. Choose Powerpoint and tick "Always use this program..." or similar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…