PPP connection problems

tel128 19:53 17 May 05

Keep loosing 'net connection PPP diconnected or invalid name or password. I run XP home with SP2. Wanadoo insist the problem is the PC due to dialup networking element missing or corrupt. Speedtouch software removed & reinstalled but no better. Help please

Daveboy 20:41 17 May 05

Presume this is bb connection ? Can you connect at all ? If not what is it saying ? If yes what if anything do you do prior to it dropping connection - open e-mail prog/browse internet ?

tel128 10:18 18 May 05

Davboy, yes BB. Couldn't get connection back yesterday, got old Win 98 system rigged up as cover. Dial Up Window keeps popping up at random even when writing letters or playing crib,takes many tries to shut it off. Loss of connection is also random, dropped out when trying to read mail. I was visited by 2 Trojan Horses Downloader.Small.38W & Backdoor.Small.38.R. I use AVG, ZoneAlarm, Spybot & Ad-Aware and all uptodate. Healed with AVG but don't know how they got thro' in the first place

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…