power't point - organisation charts

gaily 20:30 20 May 03

Hi everyone

I am hoping there is someone that can help me to expand an organisation chart that I have produced in powerpoint so that it is actually legible when you put it into slide show mode.

At the moment it looks OK but the writing is hard to read. It keeps telling me that I can't increase the font size as I can't exceed the size of the slide.

Thanks for helping!

jazzypop 21:41 20 May 03

I doubt that there is much you can do. PowerPoint shares the Organisation Chart sub-program with other members of Office. Newer versions have an 'improved' version, but all versions attempt to fit all the boxes that you define into the slide /screen area.

As you create more boxes, the space available for each one decreases, as does the size of the text within each box.

The only sensible solution is to create less boxes per slide, or type fewer characters per box.

Consider showing a part of the organisation over several slides - for example, with a typical pyramid hierarchy, the first slide might show the detail of the top two layers, with lower layers represented by smaller coloured boxes with no text. The next slide(s) will show the detail of each coloured section.

There are 3rd-party Organisation Chart programs available that will give you a lot more flexibility, and allow you to cut and paste into PowerPoint, but they tend to be quite expensive for occasional use, and don't really overcome the problem of too much information on one slide.

fitshase 22:56 20 May 03

Why not create see through boxes and place them over the boxes on the organisation chart.

When you click on the box, it takes you to another slide with the box the size of the slide. That way you can show the organisation chart in its whole form but effectively "zoom in" on the individual boxes.

If you want me to send you an example, click on the envelope next to my name and I'll e-mail you back with a quick example.

Regards

Fitshase

gaily 07:32 21 May 03

Thanks guys, I think I have a better idea of what to do now.

Wish me luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…