PowerQuest DI3

swapper 07:20 24 Apr 04

I thought perhaps that I would try and back up my PC -
Windows - WinXP Home edition (with SP1).
Processor - AMD Athlon XP1800 + DDR CPU
System Board - EP-8K3A+ AMD KT333, VT8233A DDR2700 UDMA 133/Raid
- to a newly installed 120GB HD

I have had for years and never touched before, PowerQuest Drive Image 3.

I installed it, and then attempted to make the Rescue Disks as suggested, despite using new floppies, I keep getting the following info. on the formatting window.
Space required - 1457000 bytes
Space available - 1441792
Space needed - 15208

When I check the properties on the floppy via "My computer" I'm told the space used is zero, and the space available is 1457664 (664 more than is required)

My two questions - Why is this happening?
and will PQ DI3 do what I want to do bearing in mind NTFS is used for WinXP, rather than FAT32?

I could get PQ DI7 but I need to keep my costs down.

TIA>

GaT7 19:06 26 Apr 04

I don't know why you're getting that particular error & cannot help with it, sorry.

But I'd say that version 3 is a bit old & you may want to go in for something newer. If cost is a constraint get Norton SystemWorks PRO 2003 from here for £5-10 - click here=. The PRO version contains Norton Ghost which is similar to Drive Image. Make sure before buying that the disk is a genuine Symantec product (& not a blank-faced copy) & get only the PRO version as the standard NSW doesn't contain Ghost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…