Powerpoint2007 only runs as administrator

roystontyke 16:21 19 Aug 08

help please.

My copy of Powerpoint2007 will only run if a) I log on as administrator or b) i right click and "run as" administrator.
All my other Office 2007 applications are not affected.
When I start Powerpoint in my normal user login, it tries to start then crashes with no error messages.
Next time it asks if I want to start in Safe mode - no difference!

I have tried to remove then re-install Powerpoint and it didn't fix the issue. Neither did a complete removal and re-install of Office 2007.

Can anyone help please - it's driving me mad and stops me printing etc

Ditch999 20:53 19 Aug 08

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\POWERPNT and right click on it then select properties.

On the Security tab highlight the User Account you log in with and make sure there is a tick in the box for Full Control. Click Apply then OK.

You dont say what OS you have. The above is for XP but it similar for Vista. ie grant your User permission.

roystontyke 10:57 20 Aug 08

Ditch999
Thanks for the advice.
I've checked what you have suggested and it didn't make any difference.
Sorry i should have said that I was running XP Pro with SP2.

Something else came to mind. It started after I did a presentation and told Powerpoint to display it on screen 2 (I use extended desktop across two screens). I've tried the obvious and connected a second screen but that didn't work either.

I suspect it's a stored setting somewhere that doesn't get deleted by a de-inst and re-inst.
Unfortunately, my XP knowledge isn't that detailed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…