Powerpoint - Strange Message

Whaty 12:47 14 Apr 04

I have MS Office 97. Recently I loaded a selection of new fonts and since doing so I get a message saying "The Tahoma font is not present" when I open Powerpoint. I do not get the message with Word, Excel or any other application, just Powerpoint. If I clear the message everything works fine and as you've probably guessed, the Tahoma font is present, it can be selected and it can be used.? Basically it's just a nuisance and when things like this happen I like to know why..Has anyone out there got any ideas and do you know how I can fix it please.?

anon1 12:50 14 Apr 04

try reinstalling the fonts they could be corrupted.

VoG II 13:11 14 Apr 04
  Whaty 13:37 14 Apr 04

Thanks VoG, where on earth did you get that from.? I didn't even think to look at the MS Knowledge Base. I'll try the suggestions listed in the article and if successful I'll post a response and close the thread.

Whaty 13:04 16 Apr 04

Unfortunately the solutions in the Knowledge Base article did not resolve the problem. On reading the article more carefully it assumes that the Tahoma font is not present, that it either wasn't loaded with the Office 97 install, or that it has been accidentally deleted. In my case the font is most definately there it's just that Powerpoint doesn't acknowledge its presence when opening the application. Curiously, I did try to delete the Tahoma font with a view to reinstalling it but I couldn't delete the font.? I thinking of uninstalling Office, trying to delete the font and then reinstalling Office.. Before I try this, does anyone have any other ideas as to how I might fix this.. Like I said, it's just a nuisance really but I don't like these things beating me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…