Powerpoint Quiz - Visual Basic Programming

Howard's Way 09:32 05 Jun 13

I have produce a number of interactive quizs in Powerpoint 2003 using Visual basic to do a number of function then giving the user a score out of a 100% at the end. What I want to do now is split the quiz into sub sections / topics and give a score for each one. Is this possible or is this a bridge too far with Powerpoint. Below is my current basic script

Public NumberCorrect As Integer Dim userName 'Public variables retain their value so they can be added to each time a macro is run. Sub Initialise() 'Sets the score to zero so it’s not added to the previous user’s total, and goes to the first question. NumberCorrect = 0 ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next End Sub Sub Correct() 'Adds one to the total correct and moves to the next slide NumberCorrect = NumberCorrect + 1 End Sub Sub Wrong() 'Takes away one to the total correct and moves to the next slide NumberCorrect = NumberCorrect - 1 End Sub Sub Display() 'Shows the result in a pop-up message box with some explanatory text percent = ((NumberCorrect / 91) * 100) percent = Round(percent, 0) MsgBox (userName & " got " & percent & " % correct") ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next End Sub Sub YourName() Dim done As Boolean done = False ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next While Not done userName = InputBox(prompt:="Type your name", _ Title:="Input Name") If userName = "" Then done = False Else done = True End If Wend ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next End Sub

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…