PowerPoint projection

Gary Wood 23:13 14 Jan 08

I have a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes for each slide. Is it possible to have the projector display the slides, but my compputer screen display the slide notes?

Thanks,

Gary

bamfiesler 08:41 15 Jan 08

yes. Lemme remember how to do this. Post back in a mo'.

bamfiesler 08:53 15 Jan 08

Ok, think I've got it, although I can't split my screens, here. So you've done the pres and added notes at the bottom, yes? The easy way to do this is, in PPT, go to Slide Show -> Set Up Show. When that box pops up, tick Show Presenter View. This will give you the option of having the notes on your laptop and involves extending the desktop, which is done by right-clicking the desktop and going to Properties -> Settings, the ticking Extend my Windows Desktop.

I am pretty sure just ticking Show Presenter View will bring up the properties box, anyway. You may have to allocate monitors.

In any event, ticking Show Presnetr View WITHOUT a proj attached will bring up an MS PPT Help box, so you can follow that prior to linking to proj.

That should get you going. Remember to also press Auto Adjust on the projector so it can clamp on properly to the laptop's output image!

Gary Wood 19:03 15 Jan 08

Cheers bamfiesler - this worked exactly as you said and solves my problem. I even get a clock and timer to show how long I've been speaking for on my presenter screen!

Thanks for your help.

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…