Powerpoint Presentation

aitch2 15:17 30 Oct 06

I have just finished a 80-slide PowerPoint presentation for work. I am undecided as to what format or type of disc to save it to. I want it to be passed around to various individuals so that they can view it in their own time (as opposed to a collective audience).
Is there any way I can get it to run from the 1st slide, rather than go through the 'click on' programme icon which opens up the Powerpoint page? My machine is running WinXP-SP2, and some of the other machines are also Win XP, but there are a couple running WinME. Would this present problems?

Technotiger 15:28 30 Oct 06

Hi, I am not clued-up really on PP but I would think save-as Powerpoint Show in jpeg format on CD, or as a Web-Page to view on-line.

Just guessing really, but might put you on the right track.

Cheers.

Simsy 15:43 30 Oct 06

just save it as a .pps, (i.e. Slideshow), rather than saving it as a .ppt (powerpoint) file.

Folks will need either Powerpoint, or the Powerpoint viewer to open it.

Regards,

Simsy

Technotiger 15:54 30 Oct 06

Had another thought - if you save it as a Web Page, they can all see it on-line.

Cheers.

Monoux 16:11 30 Oct 06

Try click here it says free to try

aitch2 16:16 30 Oct 06

Thanks for the help I'll give it a try.

Zaphod 3 16:30 30 Oct 06

There is another save option in some versions called save to cd or similar. It was mentioned in the September or October edition of the magazine. It also adds a version of Powerpoint slide viewer for those that don't have Powerpoint.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 30 Oct 06

Burn to CD with NERO as a Video VCD
It wil then play on standard DVD players or on any PC.

Chris the Ancient 17:03 30 Oct 06

Most versions of PowerPoint have the ability to save with a 'built in viewer'. Usually found under the File menu.

With an 80 slide presentation, I should imagine that the file is quite large - so a CD would more than likely be needed.

I have used this method quite successfully in the past.

Zaphod 3 07:46 31 Oct 06

I am at work now the option is Package for CD. I don't have it at home as we are on the Student and Teacher Edition.

aitch2 14:31 31 Oct 06

Thanks all. Hope to have a fiddle with it on the weekend. Beats nightshifts!
Aitch2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple