Powerpoint Password Protect

Chubbington 21:11 30 Jun 03

In Office 2000 version of powerpoint can you put in a password to open documents. I thought it would be under Tools/Options as in Word, but it doesn't seem to be there. Is it somewhere else?

VoG II 21:56 30 Jun 03

Tools/Options, Security tab -- or it should be.

Sir Radfordin 21:59 30 Jun 03

As VoG says in XP its there so I guess it will be in 2000.

Chubbington 22:11 30 Jun 03

Mine doesn't have a 'Security tab' under Tools/Options. There's a kind of gap where you'd expect to see the folder heading on the right hand edge next to 'Spelling and style'. Is that where it is/should be? Is there any way it could've not been loaded? Seems odd.

Rtus 22:26 30 Jun 03
  Rtus 22:29 30 Jun 03

I had this for a guy the other day I looked couldnt find a security tab,,When I saw Vogs post I thought He new a workaround.. Let me know if you do find one Vog..Thanks..

VoG II 22:40 30 Jun 03

I have Powerpoint 2002 and assumed that it would be in the same place.

I guess that the workaround would be to create a VBA macro called Auto_Open and password protect it.

Valvegrid 22:46 30 Jun 03

I have been looking through the Microsoft Office 2000 reference manual and there's nothing mentioned about passwords for Powerpoint, Rtus's post confirms it. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…