PowerPoint One Click or two

johnincrete 09:56 13 Dec 10

I have created a PowerePoint 2003 SP3 presentation of Christmas Carols and have added the backing music. Now I find that sometimes the slides will move on with just one mouse click but sometimes it requires two. Double clickinmg on a slide that only needs one click skips a slide. It is the same with the alternatives Return, Space Bar etc.
I don't care whether I need to single click or double provided it is consistent.
Can anyone help please

johnincrete 10:26 13 Dec 10

I was skipping through the presentation and realised that, if the music file was not at the end, the first click stopped it and the second progressed to the next slide.

Where the carol should not have a noticeable break between verses, it is no good pausing at the end of the music before clicking.

If anyone has created a slide salow like this, how did you indicate when to click i,e, the music file end.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 13 Dec 10

insert an arrow or icon on the slide, use Custom animation to get it to appear after the music file has finished.

You may need to set it to appear after a time length equal to the length of the music.

johnincrete 08:33 27 Jan 11

I'm investigating Zionworks so the PowerPoint problem can be ignored. Incidentally, an experienced PowerPoint user said that I was just asking for problems and that it's best to play the music separately & leave PP to control the display.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…