PowerPoint - Insert a presentation into another

Gary 23:43 22 May 04

I am preparing for a presentation at which several people will speak. In the initial PowerPoint which I have prepared, I have my introductory slides and then title slides for each speaker who follows.

Each presenter has prepared their own PowerPoint Presentation and I want to insert these into mine after the title slide so that they will flow seamlessly on the day. However, this is presenting problems.

Because each PowerPoint uses a different style (background, font styles, etc), I have a problem when I copy the slides from the original files and paste them into my presentation -- because the formatting of the copied slides gets changes so that it's the same as my presentation (i.e. the one that I'm copying into). So, the background and fonts all change so that they're the same as mine.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to string the presentations together either by copying and retaining the formatting or using some other means?

Pauper 23:50 22 May 04

How about hyperlinking to the other presentations on the relevant introductory slides. This way they will each retain their own format, but will play seamlessly and return to the original presentation (and slide) when they finish.

Gary 23:53 22 May 04

That sounds like the sort of thing I want to do -- can you please tell me how?!

Pauper 23:59 22 May 04

On your slide which introduces the next person, at the end of the slide add another bullet point or start of a line (whatever follows your own formating), at that point, instead of adding text, right click and selct 'hyperlink', a standard style windows box will open, from there browse to the other presentation and double clik to insert the hyperlink to it.

When you play your presentation, at the relevent point just click on the hyperlink and it will launch the other presentation.

Pauper 00:01 23 May 04

Also, if you don't like the idea of the large hyperlink, just chage the font size to the smallest available (8?), this will just give a neat looking link.

VoG II 00:04 23 May 04

To add to Pauper's advice

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…