Powerpoint file extensions

cuscus 19:37 07 Jan 07

How do you get the file extension .pps when you do not get the option under File, Save as, Type ??

VoG II 20:00 07 Jan 07

It should be listed as 'PowerPoint Show (*.pps)'.

cuscus 20:09 07 Jan 07

But its not listed that is the problem! How to we get it into the list?

Simsy 20:12 07 Jan 07

of powerpoint?

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 20:13 07 Jan 07

It should be on the list by default.

Which version of PowerPoint do you have?

mammak 20:28 07 Jan 07

Try this go to start > control panel > tools > folder options > untick hide extensions for known file types, sorry if it is not what you are looking for .

mammak 20:39 07 Jan 07

Just thought again at this it is not what your looking for is it,

what version 2000 and up you should get ,.pps in save as file type dialog box but below that I am not sure about I will away and have a look at things hopefully someone in the mean time should come up with something.

cuscus 20:55 07 Jan 07

The version is Powerpoint 2003 and I'm asking for someone else. I have version 2000 and no problems. Thanks everyone for your help.

mammak 21:12 07 Jan 07

In 2003 it should be further down the list on the save as type dialog box, I would have thought .ppt would be default,

Is he/she getting any options or are they blanked out what is the file extension being saved? i.e. .ppt?

Woolwell 21:12 07 Jan 07

This may be a silly question but are you sure that the person is scrolling far enough down?
I have PowerPoint 2003 and the option to save as PowerPoint Show is not immediately visible but is below the design template option.
As VoG™ states it ought to be there by default.

cuscus 22:10 07 Jan 07

Hi everyone, I just found the problem! In Windows explorer under Tools, Folder Options, View, Hidden Files and Folders, Show hidden files and folders was NOT CHECKED. Now her Powerpoint is showing all the extensions.

Thank you so much for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac