powerplay direct

donatello 18:41 04 Jul 07

After recent bad weather a power surge or spike caused by the power going off and coming back on several times within seconds seems to have damaged my pc.Ive been in contact with the insurance who asked me to send it to Power play direct in Eastbourne I think this is stupid as I live in Sheffield area.Thing is if it cant be repaired will I get it back,or will they keep it and send a new one out.PC is originally Mesh high spec and I doubt ill get anything near as good or well made back with good componants in.Let me know your views please.All coments welcome.

what are the problems with the pc then?

donatello 20:56 04 Jul 07

It would appear to be mainboard or cpu not getting any response from either.Tried an old board form work running a athlon 17XP that works so its got to be one or the other and I cant try them seperate for obvious reasons mine XP3200+ and Asus A7N8X deluxe.I dont mind if they do repair it so long as its the same parts not inferior ones,and why cant they appoint a firm closer.I would also like it back if they cant repair as its got GEforce 7800 GS card Audigy 2 sound 2gb corsair memory Coolermaster aero 7 cooler all added by me to update from original Mesh spec.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…