Powerline with Wireless Router

Kilty 10:51 05 Jun 09

I want to know if it is possible to attach a wireless router to a power line adapter? I am looking to achieve wireless in hard to reach areas. I already have a spare wirless router and want to use a normal powerline adapter with it (to save money on a wirless adapter).

Does anyone know if this will work?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

mgmcc 12:54 05 Jun 09

Not quite sure what you're trying to achieve. A wireless router incorporates a "Wireless Access Point" to which a "Wireless Network Adapter" connects. A router isn't going to be a substitute for a Wireless Network Adapter.

You can connect a wireless "Cable/DSL Router" to a power line adapter and then computers will be able to connect to the Router, either by ethernet cable or "wirelessly".

Kilty 13:06 05 Jun 09

Sorry if I wasnt very clear. What Im trying to achieve is what you state in your second paragraph. I want to avoid buying a wireless powerline adapter, as the standard adapters are cheaper.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…