powerline setup up help

shauny36 19:10 PM 26 Nov 12

have just got a couple of comtrend powerline ethernet adaptors, also just found the manual, but just want to know if they workthrough the electric upstairs and downstairs coz they are on a different wiring as is each room i thinks so has it to be plugged into the same room for that fusein the fuse box.??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:18 PM 26 Nov 12

As long as all rooms are wired into the same fuse box (not fuse) then they will work.

Plug one in near the router and connect to the router plug other in another room connected to second device (pc / laptop /TVbox / streamer )and press the sync button on both within 5 minutes of each other and that's it.

shauny36 21:27 PM 26 Nov 12

cheers. think i have done something wrong, all 3 lights are on both of them red,green,amber. (green is blinking)

shauny36 21:53 PM 26 Nov 12

cheers. think i have done something wrong, all 3 lights are on both of them red,green,amber. (green is blinking)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:11 PM 26 Nov 12

make sure that the one with the AP light showing green is plugged into the router (this adaptor is the "Access Point").

Plug the other into a socket close to the Access Point adaptor - ideally next to each other on a double socket.

After that, hold the "config" button of the Access Point for about 5 seconds until the AP led starts to flash, then release the button. Next hold the "config" button on the second adaptor for about 5 seconds until the AP led starts to flash (you have about 30 seconds to do this from the time you released the config button on the Access Point adaptor - hence having them close together).

Release that button and in a couple more seconds the AP led on the second adaptor should flash quickly three times and go out. The Status led on the second adaptor should then show red and then turn green after a few seconds. Assuming this all goes to plan, they're configured!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…