Powerline network adptor problem

popgeoff 13 Sep 11

Just bought a 7dayshop powerline network adaptor twin pack. Plugged one into pwer socket next to PC (Windows 7) and the LAN cable into the socket on PC. Plugged the other one into the LAN socket on Sony Bravia TV. All lights indicate evrything working . The PC recognises the Bravia TV. I then switch on the tv AND Scroll down to "PC" icon and click on that. All i get is a message saying. "Available when device turned on. " Am I missing something. Everyone said it would be a piece of cake. Please help.

T0SH 13 Sep 11

I suspect that selecting PC from the options your TV it may be expecting a VGA or some other sort of Video input signal from a PC probably not via a network connection via a home plug network

I think it may just be time to read the TV user manual to find out what data it is expecting via its ethernet connection ?

Cheers HC

popgeoff 14 Sep 11

Thanks Beta. I have done that but still no luck. Tosh you could be right . Unfortunately the TV didn't come with a paper manual and the onscreen info leaves a lot to be desired. Could you please confirm that I am right in connecting one home plug to my PC? Thanks

popgeoff 18 Sep 11

So sorry Beta I was away for a while and just saw your post. Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403

popgeoff 18 Sep 11

No not at the moment. I just unplugged everything for the time being. Incidentally, I don't have a problem with streamimg music wirelessly to a Roku Soundbridge which I have had for some years now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message