Powerline network adptor problem

popgeoff 12:51 PM 13 Sep 11

Just bought a 7dayshop powerline network adaptor twin pack. Plugged one into pwer socket next to PC (Windows 7) and the LAN cable into the socket on PC. Plugged the other one into the LAN socket on Sony Bravia TV. All lights indicate evrything working . The PC recognises the Bravia TV. I then switch on the tv AND Scroll down to "PC" icon and click on that. All i get is a message saying. "Available when device turned on. " Am I missing something. Everyone said it would be a piece of cake. Please help.

T0SH 21:42 PM 13 Sep 11

I suspect that selecting PC from the options your TV it may be expecting a VGA or some other sort of Video input signal from a PC probably not via a network connection via a home plug network

I think it may just be time to read the TV user manual to find out what data it is expecting via its ethernet connection ?

Cheers HC

popgeoff 11:56 AM 14 Sep 11

Thanks Beta. I have done that but still no luck. Tosh you could be right . Unfortunately the TV didn't come with a paper manual and the onscreen info leaves a lot to be desired. Could you please confirm that I am right in connecting one home plug to my PC? Thanks

popgeoff 13:37 PM 18 Sep 11

So sorry Beta I was away for a while and just saw your post. Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403

popgeoff 17:22 PM 18 Sep 11

No not at the moment. I just unplugged everything for the time being. Incidentally, I don't have a problem with streamimg music wirelessly to a Roku Soundbridge which I have had for some years now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone