Powerline Adapters

Newuser939 12:26 10 Mar 08

I am looking to get a powerline adapter to get internet access to a part of the house where wireless is a bit "iffy". I have a BT home hub and so looked at the Comtrend powerline adapters which they sell
click here
These combine ethernet connection and power outlet in the same unit which is an obvious practical advantage. however, as far as I can tell, none of the other major manufacturers have that arrangement, which makes me wonder whether it has been found to have disadvantages. Does anyone have practical experience of the BT product?

wiz-king 13:10 10 Mar 08

Maplin click here not with power output as well.

Newuser939 15:21 10 Mar 08

Yes, wiz-king, the Maplin site rather proves my point. I still wonder, though, why no other company seems to make adapters with a built-in power outlet and would like to hear from any users of the BT variety as to whether there are any problems in practice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…