powerline adapter cannot find local network adapter

RabbidNinja 16:34 25 Nov 14

As said they can't seem to find each other despite being on the same powerline. I got them to connect to each other once but it required plugging in a wireless adapter to connect to my wireless network. I've checked to see if it is connected to the correct network and it has an address starting with 192.168. Any ideas are appreciated.

wee eddie 17:47 25 Nov 14

So: One has a hard Connection to your Router, the other has a hard Connection to a PC.

Is that how you're set up?

RabbidNinja 18:06 25 Nov 14

Yeah I have one plugged into my computer via ethernet cable and the other plugged into the wireless adapter via ethernet cable.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 25 Nov 14

Have you pressed the pairing button on both adaptors within a few minuutes ?

RabbidNinja 18:27 25 Nov 14

yep I've done that, they both flash for a while and then stop and continue with being on

Ventad 10:49 26 Nov 14

Try disconnecting the Ethernet cable to the computer and the adapter then placing the that adapter in a wall plug next to the one connected to the Router and then pair them up, when paired (you will see by the lights) move the slave back to the computer.

lotvic 13:55 26 Nov 14

I've read and re-read your posts and am still very unclear as to what your setup is. Which part is Wireless?

Ventad 15:11 26 Nov 14

lotvic

On re-reading the postings several times I agree with you, Its all a bit confusing!

wee eddie 16:00 26 Nov 14

That's what I tried, unsuccessfully, to clear up.

RabbidNinja 18:23 26 Nov 14

sorry if I wasn't clear. I have one connected to my wireless router and the other connected to my PC in a different room.

Ventad I have just done that again and it hasn't worked. I'll try any suggestions you guys can think of.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 26 Nov 14

Can you get on the internet with the PC

if so its working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…