Power/HDD LED not working properly

Charence 18:52 07 Dec 04

Hi all!

I've just built a new PC, but I can't make the correct LEDs light up. The RED LED is permanently on, and the GREEN LED does nothing. If I swap them around they do nothing at all. Can anybody offer some assistance please?

Case: Casecom KG-168 click here

Mobo: ASUS CUSL2 click here

Also, there's a Firewire/Headphone/Microphone on the case, but I can't find anywhere to plug these in. The motherboard is the non-Audio model.

Thanks,

Charence

mattyc_92 19:32 07 Dec 04

You have put them in the wrong place... If you are anything like me, you haven't read the instructions that came with the motherboard, so READ the manual!!!! If you have, then try going over it again to see if you have missed anything out and/or if there are ANY diagrams that may help!!

961 19:46 07 Dec 04

Of all the connectors on modern motherboards this one is the one that causes trouble.

Many arrange for the power to be on all the time on the motherboard unless you use the switch on the back of the case or the switch on the wall to actually turn off the electric supply

This may be why your red led is always on

The first thing to establish is if the system is working properly. If so, remember that these are indicators.

Go through the connectors as mattyc_92 has suggested but at the end of the day I never look at these anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos