Powerful enough for Vista?

Sheik Yerbouti 08:39 18 May 07

Hi, I'm helping a friend choose a new PC. She wants Vista, but doesn't have a huge budget. We're looking at a Pentium D 925, 1GB RAM,160GB, Mobo has Onboard graphics (she isn't bothered about aeroglass). Does anyone have any experience of Vista Home Premium on a similar rig? Would it run OK apart from basic stuff, she might want to manipulate the odd photo, probably not with Photoshop though. Any thoughts appreciated.

J B 09:56 18 May 07

Have a look here click here Bear in mind these are minimum requirements. J.B.

hssutton 10:09 18 May 07

I'm running Vista Ultimate very nicely on an Athlon XP2400 and a cheap Radion 9550 graphics card, I do however have 2Gb ram as I run Photoshop CS2 and Lightroom.

Sheik Yerbouti 11:54 18 May 07

Thanks folks, have ordered a Pentium D Mobo bundle from CCL. Comes with 1GB Stick with a spare slot. I've ordered a matching 1GB stick to take total RAM to 2 GB. As I said, she won't bother with aeroglass effects, so hopefully th onboard gfx will suffice.The M/B is Foxconn P4M9007MB. I'll leave this open a while for any other comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…