powerdvd crashes winxp

nigelq 22:42 29 Feb 04

i have just upgraded a pc athlonxp 2000 asus a7v8x-mx winxp pro sp1, powerdvd loaded fine, recognised drive d as default dvd player, but then came up with error message no disc in drive\:, clicking on the configuration button on the skin caused winxp to execute a stop message and i had to restart, autoplay did the same, uninstalling and re-installing didn`t work, media player 9 can be made to play the dvd, with powerdvd as the encoder, i have put powerdvd onto other winxp pcs no probs, any ideas

hugh-265156 00:16 01 Mar 04

no disc in drive.is this when you try to play any dvd or just one particular dvd?maybe your dvdrom drive is starting to age.or maybe a clean of the lazer might help.

are there any errors reported in start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/event viewer

look under the system or application tabs? something like "dvd has a bad block" etc? could mean a duff drive or damaged dvd disc.

what version of powerdvd do you have?

patches click here may help?

nigelq 17:33 01 Mar 04

dvd in pc only 3 mths old,even tried new dvd player, dvd recognised in explorer, disc plays using media player9, music cds play fine, downloaded patches, tried all you suggested, any other ideas, i think it`s a software conflict, more than hardware,but can`t suss out where.
nigel q

hugh-265156 17:41 01 Mar 04

is this a retail dvd or a recordable dvd disc that gives the error?

as above,is it only one disc or all discs that give this error with powerdvd? and any errors reported and what version of powerdvd please?

try click here this applies to most versions of powerdvd.

nigelq 18:51 08 Mar 04

i loaded windvd in the end and it runs perfectly, would have been nice to know why though, and yes it was with any dvd movie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now