Powerdvd 6.0 will only play audeo

Bruz 13:10 12 Sep 09

This is after a new installation from the original CD.
Can anyone advise me how to correct this?
Cheers Bruz

BT 16:59 12 Sep 09

Power DVD needs a version of WMP installed as well

Bruz 20:51 12 Sep 09

Thanks BT but I have got WMP 10 installed
Cheers Bruz

rdave13 20:59 12 Sep 09

If you don't want to update to WMP 11 then try the File Hippo download for K-Lite codecs pack. click here

BRYNIT 21:10 12 Sep 09

Have you checked the Cyberlink web site for available updates. click here

Bruz 21:22 12 Sep 09

Thanks for that rdave13 it worked like a charm.
BRYNIT I have the update but it made no difference, that is why I uninstalled it and reinstalled from the original cd.
Thank you all very much for your inputs.
Best Regards
Bruz

rdave13 22:38 12 Sep 09

One thing I've found with K-Lite is not to try and customise the settings. Leave well alone. If you go to a site that asks you to update,say, Divx to a newer version then decline.
Check on File Hippo now and again to see if there is a newer version of K-Lite.
If so then go to start, all programs, K-Lite and use its own uninstaller. Reboot(important) and then use a mild reg cleaner as in Ccleaner; click here
Reboot again and go to File Hippo and download the latest version again. Codecs are a funny breed of drivers and need some respect for some reason.
Oh, nearly forgot, you also get Media Player Classic with K-Lite and will, almost, play any type of file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…